Sunday, November 18, 2012

Snapshots

Here are a few snapshots from the last couple of weeks.  I can't believe I only have a month left until I head home for the holidays!  Lots to do before then though.  I'll have my first international Thanksgiving on Thursday with lots of other teachers, and I'm working on planning my trip to Thailand in February for the Chinese New Year.  I'm thinking about flying into Bangkok, spending a night or two there, and then heading down to Ko Samui for some beach time.  Has anyone been to Thailand before?  Any suggestions?


Slowly learning to cook!  Still haven't found the perfect soy sauce-to-noodles ratio yet though...


 Delicious street food in front of the fabric market.


 Friday morning Muslim food market that we visited during October holiday.  I wish we had more Fridays off...the food was amazing!


 At the Muslim food market again.


 These wicker chair carts are all over the place, and I snapped a picture on a recent walk.  I never see these chairs in any restaurants or stores though.  Where do they end up!?


 Jewelry vendors in front of the fabric market.


 Mmm spices.


Birthday cards from a few of my students!


 Yummy jasmine tea that blossoms in your mug.


A crowded Saturday in Tianzifang.



1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!