Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Apartment Tour!

I haven't posted any pictures of my little studio yet, so I thought it was about time!  I'm up on the 12th floor and I love the view, even if it is mostly of construction.  I'm in a really convenient part of town, about a 30 minute subway ride from school (which is kind of on the outskirts of the city) but also very close to the French Concession, where most of the neat restaurants, shops, and bars are.  It's taken me awhile to make it feel like home, but it's getting there now!


 The little window seat next to my bed is my favorite part of the apartment.  I bought a rug to cozy it up a bit, and made the big throw pillows with some Ikea fabric.  I love to sit and watch what's going on below.  I brought the things on the wall from home.


The little balcony isn't much to look at, and it gets really dusty because of all the construction.  It's nice to be able to step outside and check the weather though!  The two prints on the wall are from St. John two summers ago.


 Opposite my bed is the TV and counter.  I bought the two "vintage" looking prints from a store in Tianzifang.


 The desk, where my new sewing machine lives!


 My kitchen is pretty tiny, but it does the job.  I do miss having an oven though, and I can't wait to bake Christmas cookies in a real one!  The huge hood is for all the steam generated from a wok, even though I haven't bought one yet.  The kitchen is also separated from the rest of the apartment by glass windows for the same reason.


I wouldn't have even posted a picture of the bathroom, but I had to point out my bite-sized washing machine.  I can only fit about two pairs of jeans in at a time, so doing laundry is an all-day thing!  I don't have a dryer either, so everything gets hung on a giant drying rack.


This is what I see when I walk in after school.  It's bright, relaxing, and just the right size.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Time to get a wok so you can cook some of the goodies like in your last post!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!